Hello, Writers, Playwrights, and Authors!
The Unknown Artists’ PLAY CLUB WEST is currently accepting submissions of 10 minute new works.
Their schedule for reading those scripts chosen is as follows:
AUGUST – New Works Month
AUG 1 – Conversations Around the Dinner Table
AUG 8 – Girl Stuff
AUG 15 – Passion
Please submit one 10-minute play on one of the above themes. They select 10 scripts for each theme and cold reading them on the dates specified. From the 30 scripts chosen they hope to choose the top 10 and produce a 100-minute New Works Festival in September, with all pieces rehearsed and directed.
Play Club West fosters a community of actors, writers, and performing artists by sponsoring readings of new and established works. They strive to enhance the performing arts community of Los Angeles by offering weekly table readings, monthly staged readings, and affordable classes and workshops.
PLAY CLUB meets weekly on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm at The Complex in the Dorie Theatre (6476 Santa Monica Blvd). For previous productions, check out: PLAY CLUB WEST
They are MOST interested in forming relationships with LA-based playwrights. Scripts from LA-based playwrights preferred.
Material accepted: Any 10-minute play with the above-mentioned themes.
The Unknown Artists’ mission is to provide opportunities for talented, unknown individuals to thrive on a stage enabling them to show off their gifts of music, acting, dance, comedy, film and all categories of art. Founded in 2007 by Emily Clark and Pamela Eberhardt, the Unknown Artists search far and wide for an explosive amount of talent that is of a specific, unheard of, untraveled artistry.
- Only 1 submission per playwright
- Deadline for submission is Saturday, July 20th. (If a few more days needed please let me know)
- Submit a PDF of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only PDFs are accepted. No other formats are read.
- Please make sure title page with author email address and character breakdown is included within the script PDF. Please do not send these or synopsis as separate files.
- Please do not send reviews of past productions. We are only interested in the script itself.