Spend a day in Carlsbad, CA, a beautiful beach town only 1.5 hrs south of Los Angeles, generating new writings in our One-Day Writing Retreat.
- Generate new material via creative and educational writing prompts.
- Make new writing friends.
- Get personal attention – limited to 8 attendees.
- Leave with new vignettes, stories, or poems.
- Get answers to writing-related questions from a professional writing coach who specializes in helping writers finish their first drafts.
Who Can Join?
This one-day writing retreat welcomes anyone interested in creative writing. This workshop is perfect for aspiring fiction writers, memoir or essay writers, and poets.
This one-day writing retreat takes place at a private residence in Carlsbad, CA. If you are coming from out of town, you can book a nearby hotel for a night or just come down for the day (see the link, below for recommendations).
What to Bring
- A pen and notebook
- A sack lunch – We will break for an hour for lunch, so bring a lunch or you can explore one of the many local restaurants.
- Your passion for writing
- No laptops, please
Coaching Session Add-On
- Get a 60-minute coaching session and feedback on up to 15 pages
- Use whenever you’d like in 2020, does not have to be used during the retreat.
- $225 value
For one person, on a first-come-first-served basis, you can stay here with me in my spare room for either the night before or the night after the retreat. I’ll even throw in a homemade breakfast! Email email@example.com for details.
To find out what’s happening nearby or to find hotels, visit: https://visitcarlsbad.com/events/. Carlsbad offers a variety of hotels and rates. Carlsbad also has easy train access to many locations in San Diego, including Downtown San Diego.
|Workshop||Location||Type||Instructor||Date||Start Time||Length||Cost||Register Here|
|All retreats have been postponed due to Coronavirus concerns. Please check back here for updates or join our mailing list.|
For more information on all our coaching programs and creative writing workshops in Los Angeles, San Diego, and online, visit https://www.lawritersgroup.com.