Spend a day in Carlsbad, CA, a beautiful beach town only 1.5 hrs south of Los Angeles, generating new writings in our One-Day Writing Retreat.
- Generate new material via creative and educational writing prompts.
- Make new writing friends.
- Get personal attention – limited to 8 attendees.
- Leave with new vignettes, stories, or poems.
- Get answers to writing-related questions from a professional writing coach who specializes in helping writers finish their first drafts.
Who Can Join?
This one-day writing retreat welcomes anyone interested in creative writing. This workshop is perfect for aspiring fiction writers, memoir or essay writers, and poets.
This one-day writing retreat takes place at a private residence in Carlsbad, CA. If you are coming from out of town, you can book a nearby hotel for a night or just come down for the day (see the link, below for recommendations).
What to Bring
- A pen and notebook
- A sack lunch – We will break for an hour for lunch, so bring a lunch or you can explore one of the many local restaurants.
- Your passion for writing
- No laptops, please
Coaching Session Add-On
- Get a 60-minute coaching session and feedback on up to 15 pages
- Use whenever you’d like in 2020, does not have to be used during the retreat.
- $225 value
To find out what’s happening nearby or to find hotels, visit: https://visitcarlsbad.com/events/. Carlsbad offers a variety of hotels and rates. Carlsbad also has easy train access to many locations in San Diego, including Downtown San Diego.
For more information on all our coaching programs and creative writing workshops in Los Angeles, San Diego, and online, visit https://www.lawritersgroup.com.
All in-person retreats have been suspended due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.