Our live online workshops take place on Zoom, which is a lot like Skype or Facetime but far more secure. These are live video conferences so that you can participate from anywhere. We will be able to see and hear you (although you can mute both your audio and video if you wish) and you will be able to see us.
How online workshops work:
- When you register, you will receive a link.
- You DO NOT have to download the app or sign up for Zoom in advance.
- At the workshop start time, click on the link.
- Zoom will download to your device.
- Pay attention to any popups as they will ask you about your audio and video choices.
- Read more about how to join a meeting.
Computer Requirements for the Non-Technically inclined
Read Zoom requirements here, but here is a less-technical summary:
- Join from any computer, tablet, or phone, but if you use your phone, you will have limited functionality.
- Use your earbuds or a headset with a microphone.
- Try to be in a quiet location, not a coffee shop, if you can help it.
- Your device must have a microphone and a camera, and if you don’t have it, you can dial in via phone.
- Have high-speed internet access.
- Sit near your wifi.
- Sit in a well-lit location, so you don’t look like a stalker.
If you are interested in receiving critique or guidance on your book project, please check out our Private Coaching options or schedule a free coaching/editing consultation. View all creative writing workshops here.