Nicole Criona is the current owner and co-founder of Los Angeles Writers Group (www.lawritersgroup.com) and is a native Angeleno. For more than twelve years, she’s facilitated creative writing workshops and supported aspiring writers working on novels, screenplays, short stories, poetry, essays, and memoirs. She also runs the day-to-day operations of LAwritersgroup.com, leads several writing workshops, and specializes in coaching writers who want to complete their first draft.
As Director of Operations and Development at a prominent screenwriting school, she supported and guided emerging screenwriters. After managing several medium-sized independent businesses, and working as an Assistant at George Carlin’s company, she decided to learn production and produced three short films. THE SHOOTING was her first producing project; it screened at the Austin Film Festival, IFFM in New York, Clermont-Ferrand in France, and the Taos Talking Pictures Festival. She went on to produce DEATH STORIES #3: THE LAST IMPRESSION, and MONSTERS! MONSTERS! MONSTERS! She was both Assistant to the Director and Key Research on MICHAEL & ME, a documentary released in 2005. She also wrote a popular blog. According to blogpulse.com, for a single lovely day in December 2005, her blog was the 15th most popular blog in the world for a post about Craigslist. In addition to writing poetry and fiction, she has written articles for IG Living Magazine. She has been published on Strong Verse, Hissquarterly.com (Sanity is a One-Trick Pony issue), Six Sentences, and Narrative Magazine and has been hired to rewrite screenplays as well as placed third overall in NYC Midnight short screenwriting contest for her short, Brad’s Assignment, which she is turning into a novel. Read Nicole’s poem, Advice to an Angel About to Fall.
Socialize with Nicole
Socialize with Los Angeles Writers Group
Private Consulting / Coaching
Nicole specializes in coaching writers who want to complete their first draft of any project, especially memoir, novels, short stories, screenplays, and non-fiction.
Events this person is involved with:
- Get Writing Again - Email Course
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Introduction to Scene Writing - Wed., 02/27/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Story Structure - Wed., 03/06/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: POV/Narrators - Wed., 03/13/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Dialogue & Internal Dialogue - Wed., 03/20/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Setting & Subtext - Wed., 03/27/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Character Development - Wed., 04/03/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Prose - Wed., 04/10/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Pacing, Mood, and Tone - Wed., 04/17/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Voice - Wed., 05/01/19
- Deconstructing Scenes Series: Biggest Mistakes & Scene Deconstruction - Wed., 05/15/19
- Sunday Creative Writing Workshop 02/17/19 - 11am
- Sunday Creative Writing Workshop 02/24/19 - 11am
- Sunday Creative Writing Workshop 03/10/19 - 11am
- Sunday Creative Writing Workshop 03/17/19 - 11am
- Sunday Creative Writing Workshop 03/24/19 - 11am