Demystify the Publishing Process: Query Letters, Agents, Publishers, Publicity
When you have finished your novel, what do you do with it? When you have a good idea for a book, how do you take it further? In this workshop we will explore the process of agent submission and publication for both fiction and non-fiction.
Further, each attendee will get personal feedback on submission material (a one page synopsis and a one page query letter, if brought to the session) OR a chance to discuss their unique pitch in order to strengthen its position.
- How to identify your readership
- How to research and approach literary agents
- How to formulate a query letter
- Best practice for writing arresting and pithy synopses
- How to make your sample chapters stand out, and ensure agents request the complete ms
- What to expect from the publishing process: advances, royalties, lead times, cover design, marketing and publicity.
All are welcome: those with a manuscript and those just starting out.